There’s always more to discover in the art realm, and our knowledgeable art consultants are eager to share their experiences and discoveries with our visitors. On our fine art blog, you can find informative pieces about types of artworks on display at our gallery, in-depth looks at techniques used in the art world, and articles about artists we feature in our gallery.
Welcome to our art blog — we hope you find something here that inspires you!
- An Intro to Dr. Seuss’s Unorthodox Taxidermy CollectionWhen you think of Dr. Seuss, the first things that come to mind are usually his charming children’s books, his imaginative use of the English language, and the famous Hollywood films his stories inspired. Most people probably don’t think of this lesser-known legacy he left behind: the fantastical Dr. Seuss’s taxidermy collection. With his taxidermy … Continue reading “An Intro to Dr. Seuss’s Unorthodox Taxidermy Collection”
- Art Styles 101: Contemporary Landscape PaintingFrom the ethereal impressionism of Claude Monet’s water lilies to the “happy little forest” scenes of Bob Ross, landscape painting has taken many forms over the course of history. Today, contemporary landscape painting continues to astonish and inspire, and we’d like to share with you more about this versatile art style. At Marcus Ashley Gallery, … Continue reading “Art Styles 101: Contemporary Landscape Painting”
- Understanding Art Gallery Style Framing vs. Gallery Wrapped CanvasYou have several options for how to display fine art in your home, but by far the two most common ways are gallery style framing and wrapped canvas. If you’re new to fine art and want to learn how to make your collection look appealing no matter which style of frame you choose, then we … Continue reading “Understanding Art Gallery Style Framing vs. Gallery Wrapped Canvas”
- Art Styles 101: Magical Realism PaintingFrida Kahlo’s self-portrait of her spine replaced with a broken column, Emily Bronte’s ghosts in an otherwise typical-English Wuthering Heights, Franz Kafka’s transformation of a man into vermin in Metamorphosis. All of these are magical realism, in which an uncanny hint of the supernatural is added to our familiar world to challenge the way we … Continue reading “Art Styles 101: Magical Realism Painting”
- The Jack Storms Process: How He Makes Exquisite Optical Glass ArtThe magical, intricate glass sculptures created by artist Jack Storms are both dazzling and puzzling at first sight. How can light reflect in the interior of the glass in such intricate patterns, and how can glass be carved in such a way while still preserving its structural integrity? While true understanding of this art form … Continue reading “The Jack Storms Process: How He Makes Exquisite Optical Glass Art”
Learn More About Local Artists
Our gallery is located in beautiful South Lake Tahoe, an area that has been the source of inspiration for countless artists long before our gallery existed. We’re proud to be the home gallery of many incredibly talented local and international artists.
If you’d like to learn more about the artists we feature at Marcus Ashley Gallery, then keep up with our art blog and sign up for our special events where you have the chance to meet some of these incredibly talented artists in person.
Your Home for Inspiration and Enrichment
If you’re an artist or you work in a creative field, we hope these articles about artists and their techniques inspire you to keep pursuing your craft. We all face a bit of artistic “writer’s block” at some point in our career, and reading an art blog or visiting an art gallery can help to reinvigorate your unique creative spark.
Come visit Marcus Ashley Gallery in person in South Lake Tahoe or explore our online art gallery!