There’s always more to discover in the art realm, and our knowledgeable art consultants are eager to share their experiences and discoveries with our visitors. On our fine art blog, you can find informative pieces about types of artworks on display at our gallery, in-depth looks at techniques used in the art world, and articles about artists we feature in our gallery.
Welcome to our art blog — we hope you find something here that inspires you!
- Artist Process Spotlight: Famous Pastel Artist Mackenzie Thorpe’s Career and WorksMackenzie Thorpe is one of the highest-selling British artists in the last few decades. From a humble background in the industrial northern English town of Middlesbrough, Thorpe has created a legacy of art that has sent ripples throughout the international art world. It takes only one look at Thorpe’s famous pastel art to see why … Continue reading “Artist Process Spotlight: Famous Pastel Artist Mackenzie Thorpe’s Career and Works”
- Exploring the Style of Watercolor Realism: The Fine Art of Eric ChristensenGold Rush by Eric Christensen The terms “watercolor” and “realism” are rarely seen together in the world of fine art. Yet, achieving hyperrealism with watercolors is an astounding feat that artist Eric Christensen achieves time and time again. His artwork evokes the verdant beauty of vineyards, gardens, and bountiful tables. Often, realism falls into the … Continue reading “Exploring the Style of Watercolor Realism: The Fine Art of Eric Christensen”
- Exploring the Beauty of Lake Tahoe Through ArtThe breathtaking natural majesty of Lake Tahoe is best experienced in person, but the second-best way to see it is through the eyes of an artist. While we and our community contend with the effects of wildfire to the lake, wildlife, skies, and surrounding Sierra hillsides, art can help provide a window into the Lake … Continue reading “Exploring the Beauty of Lake Tahoe Through Art”
- How to Hang ArtworkHow you display the artwork in your collection is almost as important as the artwork itself. A beautiful display gives the artwork the justice it deserves, while a poor display can potentially reduce the artwork’s integrity. There are two key elements regarding how to hang artwork: the aesthetic arrangement, and the technical process of hanging … Continue reading “How to Hang Artwork”
- Artist Process Series: Malcolm Tibbetts & Woodturning ArtSome dedicated masters have the talent and skill to breathe flowing, dynamic life into a material as harsh and rough as raw wood. This is known as woodturning art — an art technique which shapes wood into curved, irregular shapes. At first glance, the work of Malcolm Tibbets and other woodturning artists seems like it … Continue reading “Artist Process Series: Malcolm Tibbetts & Woodturning Art”
Learn More About Local Artists
Our gallery is located in beautiful South Lake Tahoe, an area that has been the source of inspiration for countless artists long before our gallery existed. We’re proud to be the home gallery of many incredibly talented local and international artists.
If you’d like to learn more about the artists we feature at Marcus Ashley Gallery, then keep up with our art blog and sign up for our special events where you have the chance to meet some of these incredibly talented artists in person.
Your Home for Inspiration and Enrichment
If you’re an artist or you work in a creative field, we hope these articles about artists and their techniques inspire you to keep pursuing your craft. We all face a bit of artistic “writer’s block” at some point in our career, and reading an art blog or visiting an art gallery can help to reinvigorate your unique creative spark.
Come visit Marcus Ashley Gallery in person in South Lake Tahoe or explore our online art gallery!